The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Taking over a program with a rich history spanning six decades is a momentous occasion, and building buzz and awareness for the historic change requires a strategic marketing effort. That's why NBC worked with Comcast Spotlight to create a multi-screen campaign to highlight the debut of the The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Employing a combination of banner advertisements on Comcast's program guide and advertising on Xfinity.com, NBC was able to reach viewers through multiple touch points, on TV and online. Program guide advertisements promoted the live airings of the show, and offered easy, one-click access to watch the most recent episodes for those who missed a broadcast. Xfinity.com advertising expanded the reach, adding millions of exposures and further enhancing the awareness of the 'new' Tonight Show.
- 10% increase in commercial ratings from C+SD to C3 in Comcast digital households.
- 14% average higher live rating in Comcast digital households vs. national average.
- 13% higher C3 rating in Comcast digital households vs. all other households.
- 58% of premiere episode on-demand views happened during C3 window.
- 10.1 million impressions on Xfinity.com.
- More than 11,500 clicks on Xfinity.com advertisements.